Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Four Years and Counting

My yearly visits to my surgeon seem more like a social call than an appointment. Everything today flowed as it should. I woke up not tired, traffic was minimal, I got to my appointment early and got called early.

Seeing Dr. T is always an adventure, as he is poking me and checking my lymph nodes we begin our odd conversation which started with cell phone charging and ended with why men should NEVER wear bicycle shorts.

I am happy to report that my four year mark is clean and healthy. (Can I get a whoot whoot) Expecting my yearly visits to end next year he informs me that I still have a couple more years of seeing him. What?

Hey if you need me to pop by to amuse you I can bring soup and do a dance, but nope...medical appointment it is. So the "girls" have a couple more years for display purpose. It's because I had triple negative and he doesn't want that beast rearing it's head on his watch.  If these appointments keep that nasty C word away then I will visit him every year for however long he wants.

But secretly (not so much any more) I don't mind if they all run like today....as the girls stand proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment